Child Right Protection Policy
Approved Designated On-site Child Protection Task Force – CPTF
Diocese of Cuttack, Church of North India
A Child Protection Task Force is hereby designated by the Diocese of Cuttack, CNI in all of the following programme locations:
- Hostels / Children’s Homes / Schools / Sunday Schools / Day Care Centers
- Term of CPTF: Two years
- Secretary of the Managing Committee
- An Associate Child Protection Officer (ACPO) preferably a woman, (preference will be given to Teachers & Sunday school teachers) shall be nominated by the General body of the nearest Diocesan Church/Pastorate on priority.
Role of Child Protection Task Force (CPTF):
- To receive complaints from any sources, including opening complaint box every 2 weeks.
- To register the complaints in approved format.
- To carry out validation of complaint as per approved format.
- To exercise discretion while validating complaints, considering that new – Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk violations may be detected from time to time, which have to be updated in Annexure ‘B’ – Severity Scale of Child Protection Violations of Child Protection Policy, the status of which is always to be deemed dynamic.
- After validating a High Risk complaint, to immediately inform (1) CEO, and (2) the Ombudsman by phone and in writing.
- To take prompt, appropriate and corrective remedial action for violations reported in the Risk and Medium Risk categories as per Annexure ‘B’ – Severity Scale of Child Protection Violations of Child Protection Policy.
- The CPTFs shall be accountable in the best interests of fair play and justice to ensure impartiality and neutrality during validation and investigation of complaints.